Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 pm by Snoo

» WYR (Would you rather)
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 am by Stormheart

Forum Affiliates

WARRIORCLAN

Draxion's Gaming Den

Underground Lies

Where the Ocean Lies

If you would like to become an affiliate, private message one of our head admins or post in our guest-friendly board with a request.

Top posting users this week

Mother Nature

Go down

Mother Nature

Post by Daisyleap on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Here on Blazing Tails of Grief and Fortune, we have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] account. It is controlled by the admins; she manages the elements of a warriors' lives that are out of their control. Examples are predators and prey, weather, cataclysmic events, injuries, and deaths. She can do anything she'd like to keep the roleplay going, from seventy butterflies swarming into the nursery to a mountain lion attack. Mother Nature often starts border and hunting patrols to give an update on who is a part of the event, and she acts as the hand of fate. If she posts a random event, you are not required to join. But keep in mind if you do join, you can't get out of it, and what Mother Nature says has happened, has happened.

There are three levels of Mother Nature's effects, and all are like that of a Nintendo game; there are certain things you must do or accomplish in order to win... and not die.

At level one, signed up warriors may suffer (but are not limited to):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Minor or significant injuries
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loss of one life (only if the character is a leader)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Partially dangerous predator attacking them
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loss of leader's trust
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Extra duties for a month
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Being removed from patrols
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Having a ceremony pushed back one moon (only if the character is an apprentice)

At level two, signed up warriors may suffer (but are not limited to):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loss of a non-played family member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loss of litter (only if the character is pregnant)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Serious injury requiring long recovery
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Broken bones
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loss of two or three lives at once (only if the character is a leader)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Forced retirement to the elders den
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Having a secret relationship become known
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Being run out of Clan

At level three, the only outcome is death. Of course, your cats can defeat whatever comes in their way. Mother Nature can send a hawk swooping down on your neck while you're sunbathing or simply have you walk off a cliff, but you can avoid this by fighting back! Mother Nature's encounters are not for the faint of heart, but should not just be used as a throwaway measure.

Example wrote:I, Daisyleap, would like Daisystar of CloudClan to participate in Level One. I understand the outcomes of this level and know that I cannot back out once having signed up.

Mother Nature also chooses cats for omens, prophecies, and plot-important events. However, you cannot sign up for this. She picks randomly!
If you feel one of your characters has outlived their narrative arc and it is time for them to be released into the wild yonder of GalaxyClan, Mother Nature can do it for you. She sets the scene for patrols, lets wild animals loose in roleplay threads, and on occasion can act as judge, jury, and executioner. By releasing your cat into Mother Nature's hands, you give permission to use your deceased cats' names in future plot posts, such as referencing them in lists of war casualties. You also give permission for her to pick any way to carry out your cats death wish, whether it be a brutal badger attack or just an accident of tripping and cracking your head open on a sharp rock. Mother Nature will never actually roleplay as your cat.

Example wrote:I, Daisyleap, would like to release Pinewhisker of RobinClan into Mother Nature's hands. I understand that she might be referenced later on and I cannot take her back.

If you'd like to release one of your cats into the hands of Mother Nature, private message her one of the above codes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Sometimes bad things happen for no reason, or for reasons we can't begin to understand."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Daisyleap
Administrator
Administrator

http://thelightningpath.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum