aegritudo
Welcome to Aegritudo! If you're looking to join, I encourage you to read all the rules and information first. If you're a returning member, click the according buttons above :)
Daisy, your head admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

aegritudo
Welcome to Aegritudo! If you're looking to join, I encourage you to read all the rules and information first. If you're a returning member, click the according buttons above :)
Daisy, your head admin
aegritudo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Allegiances
the plot.
the patients of each sanctuary have slowly gotten back on their feet since the fearful beginning of their new lives. but not is all as it seems in their world. check out this post for all the deets.

sanctuary 001
president thomas wright (daisy)
carys maximoff (quake)
daisy augustus (daisy)
azrail walters (sky)
levana magnus (snoo)
cole lawson (jack)
brennan firn (metzi)
destiny mirae (honor)

sanctuary 038
president cheyenne dane (quake)
adrian petsch (daisy)
mylarna bennett (quake)
pang ji-yoon (sky)
zoe leona (quake)
malik el-haj (jack)
anthony roberson (sky)

sanctuary 097
president meredith gould (sky)
camellia fabry (daisy)
maralah elysia stark-sayer (quake)
farryn leona (snoo)
yelena targaryen (quake)
iolana kahike (sky)
nio penkins (metzi)
kawaguchi akamara (jack)

Forum Affiliates

Underground Lies

If you would like to become an affiliate, private message one of our head admins or post in our guest-friendly board with a request.

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Dayroom

3 posters

Go down

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Dayroom Empty We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Dayroom

Post by Daisy Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Sanctuary 001 Dayroom is where patients go to hang out and where they don't have to be constantly overlooked by guards. Of course, there are multiple stationed outside the door, but the workers want the patients to feel like they belong. There is a long table adjacent to the entrance that holds computers and tablets. A few of the tablets come with pens to draw digitally. There are comfy chairs and sofas in every corner of this large room and it is designed to make the patients feel welcome. They are given the same bracelets used at the gym if they have any sort of matter manipulation powers so they can't ruin the electronics.

Last edited by Daisyleap on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

https://thelightningpath.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Dayroom Empty Re: We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Dayroom

Post by Quake Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 pm

Irida kicked up her legs from where she was sitting on one of the sofas, holding a Switch controller in her hands as she played Mario Kart on a large TV in front of her. Her legs resting on the coffee table in front, she yelled when someone overtook her and in retaliation threw a red shell. Smirking happily, she leaned back and put the controller down, knotting her fingers behind her head as she watched the final results. Suck my shrimp, squid boy.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Hisato walked into the lounge, opening the door as he busily fiddled with his phone. His eyebrows raised as he heard the distant, but oh so familiar sound of Mario yelling on a tv. Looking up, Hisato's face quickly lit up in a bright smile as he clapped his hands, causing a slight spark of electricity from his excitement. "Mario Kart!" He exclaimed out loud, plopping over on the sofa next to Irida, "Mind if I join? I didn't even know anyone else liked playing video games. Usually, I'm the only one in here."

Last edited by Sky on Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:57 pm

Irida looked over and nodded, grinning. "I just finished a cup, so you just got here in time," she greeted, leaning forward to grab a second controller and passing it over to him. "I'm Irida, you?" she asked, already setting up the next cup. She chose her character - Inkling Girl, always - and waited for him.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:20 pm

( ♕ ) ———— MILO COPELAND
status. level 2 patient location. lounge tags. @Quake and @Sky notes. n/a

Milo took a long sip from his water bottle as he walked into the lounge, embracing the feeling of no guards watching his every move. He tossed the now empty bottle into the recycling bin and noticed Hisato sitting on the couch next to another patient. He stifled a laugh and focused on stretching out his arm, reaching it in between the two and pinching Hisato's cheek. The familiar sound of Mario Kart playing on the television made his eyes twinkle, and he snapped his arm back to regular size and shuffled over. He plopped on the arm of the sofa and grabbed a controller. "Mind if I join?" He smiled, fixing his bandana. "Lover boy," He whispered in Hisato's ear with a very unmanly giggle.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Hisato smiled cheerfully, grabbing the controller and lounging back on the sofa. "Irida? That's a pretty name. I'm Hisato, nice to meet you!" He replied, giving a friendly wink. He quickly selected yoshi before whipping his head towards the door as Milo pinched him. "Hey! If you want to play you can just say so, no need to promote conflict," Hisato playfully remarked before he scootched over on the sofa to make room and only let out a half amused and half nervous laugh in return to Milo's teasing.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Irida grinned and picked up a third controller, throwing it behind her at the other boy. "Join us!" she called, winking and turning back to the tv screen, waiting for him to join and choose a character.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:04 pm

( ♕ ) ———— MILO COPELAND
status. level 2 patient location. lounge tags. @Quake and @Sky notes. n/a

Milo winked at Hisato, rolling onto the sofa and entering his character in when something hard hit him on the shoulder. He watched a fourth controller fall to the floor and he laughed. "Thank you," He saluted the girl with a grin. "Now I have the chance to beat you guys twice." He scratched his chin before clicking Princess Peach as his character. Rolling his fingers over the smooth controller, he waited for Irida to begin the race.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Irida saluted back, sticking her tongue out when she realised she'd thrown him a spare controller. She clicked continue, choosing a random cup and then grinning when the countdown to the first race began. 
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Hisato glanced over at Milo, waiting for him to pick a character. Once Irida tossed the controller towards his direction, he raised his eyebrows, ducking down as it flew past him and hit Milo's shoulder. With an amused snort, he leaned back into the couch once more, fiddling with the controller as he waited for the screen to load. The first map appeared, the racers lined up as the countdown slowly began. "Rainbow Road! Yes, I'm a pro at this one!" He shouted with glee, pressing down on the button that started the engine.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Irida groaned. “Oh, no, I turned off auto-steering,” she whined, then pressed the same button. She watched the number decrease, glancing over to the two boys as if daring them to try and beat her.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:06 pm

( ♕ ) ———— MILO COPELAND

Milo bit his tongue as the race started, and, having seldom past experience with gaming, he moved the controllers like a madman, the clicking sound echoing throughout the room. He pressed the wrong button and went flying off the track. "What the hell," He muttered, leaning over and watching how Irida's fingers moved effortlessly over the controls. His eyes lit up and he lifted his hands, pointing at his character. He squinted as he focused on the car and, without him touching the controller, Princess Peach slid across the track and merged with Hisato's car. He quickly moved his car back and picked up the controller again. "Oops," He chuckled, hoping it would cause Yoshi to fall off the track so he could get to second place.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Irida screeched as she kept accidentally running off the edge. She was pressing all the right buttons, they just weren't complying. Charging through a mystery box and immediately falling off again, she yelled and flung her hands in the sky. Not realising, her bracelet flew off and into the wall, making her glow a vibrant pink and blue mix. She activated the rainbow star and started flying through the track, satisfied she could finally play the game decently again.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:06 pm

Hisato smirked as Irida began having problems with her steering. "Auto-steering is for fake gamers!" He responded, his eyes still peeled to the screen with determination. He bit his lip as he managed to hold in a laugh as Milo struggled fiercely with his own controller. He managed to stay on track, letting out a "hah!" of triumph as his Yoshi on a motorbike zoomed past Princess Peach again. Hisato began laughing as he passed by Irida. "See ya!" He said teasingly, quickly turning around as she began raging over her unluckiness in the game. Her skin began glowing like a rainbow, and instead of acting scared, Hisato widened his mouth and slowly smiled as he dropped his controller. "You're the rainbow star! Oh my god," He exclaimed in surprise and excitement.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Irida glanced down at her hands, eyes widening slightly. "Well, whoops. I guess I am, I never thought of it that way." She laughed, then accidentally dropped her own controller to look at her glowing hands, then up at the rainbow star-ed character on the screen. "A bit more rainbowey though."
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

( ♕ ) ———— MILO COPELAND

Milo turned over, widening his eyes at Irida. "Wow," He gaped, running a hand through his hair. "How the hell are you doing that?" He clasped his hands together, looking back at her character on the screen and shaking his head, shocked at how much they looked alike. He suddenly realized she had dropped her controller, and took the chance to speed up.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Irida glanced behind her at where the bracelet went, then down at the controller. She ducked down and swept it up in one hand, grabbing it and continuing racing ahead. "Same way you do your magic stuff," she grinned, taking a moment to glance down at her glowing hands while Inkling Girl drove on straight.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:24 pm

Hisato shook his head in disbelief. "Well, that's one amazing power you go there," He commented, glancing back at the tv screen as he gained a power-up cube. He couldn't help but avert his gaze back to Irida because of how bright her glowing was, and his character fell off the track, "Dang it! You're too distracting now," Hisato pouted as a couple of cars passed him by once he was pack on the road.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 am

( ♕ ) ———— MILO COPELAND

Milo chuckled, readjusting himself on the sofa and continuing to drive his character at a steady pace so he wouldn't fall off the track again. "My magic stuff is much different, trust me on that," He said, shooting a glance at Hisato and smiling. "Aerokinesis. Elasticity. Amalgation. Nothing like," He watched Irida, her glowing light almost blinding when he looked at it from his angle. "Like that." He rolled his shoulders back, speeding up as they entered the last round of rainbow road.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:03 am

Irida scrunched up her nose. "Yeah, but it's just light in a different way. It just. Makes me glow," she protested, rolling her eyes. "And maybe fly a bit." She watched the screen, her eyes narrowed as she accelerated further as well, determined to beat her new friends.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:46 am

Hisato passed through the line in second place, letting out a triumphant sound. He placed his controller on the coffee table and turned to Irida, his eyes widening. "Okay, you need to seriously show us how you can fly then," He said, watching her with anticipation.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 am

Milo crossed the finish line in fourth place and frowned at the sad music that played from his screen. He dropped the controller to the floor and shrugged. He lifted his legs onto the sofa and crossed them, clasping his hands together. "How far can you fly?" He asked, imagining her floating next to an airplane and all the while emitting a rainbow glow. Now that is a power he envied.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:52 am

Irida grinned as she shot through the finish line in first place, then put down her own controller and raised her eyebrows. "I'm... not really sure. It's easier for me to just fly short distances, but I could probably throw myself to the top of a building or something. I haven't had much of a chance to test the flight anyway since there's not much room in this building... place. Alright," she laughed, standing up. Brushing her glowing hair behind her back, she gently imagined floating slightly. She drew the power out, closing her eyes as she imagined the air as water, so she could float in it. After a moment, she opened her eyes, looking down at the boys from where she floated with her legs bent slightly, the glow creating a pattern on the ceiling above her.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 am

Milo widened his eyes, amazed as Irida began levitating above them. "That's... that's crazy!" He exclaimed, wondering how it must feel to be suspended in midair without falling. "You should practice in the relaxations room! The aerokinesis area has a really high ceiling." He suggested, still barely able to form words at the sight of her floating. From all the people he's talked to in the Sanctuary, he's never seen anything like this before.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:08 am

Hisato watched, his mouth gaping open. "Haha, you really are the rainbow star now since you float!" He pointed out, smiling. The dark haired boy, turned around noticing the doorknob turning. "Oh, hey, someone else likes games too?" Hisato asked out loud pointing towards the opening door.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 am

Aella nudged her way into the door, eyes wide as she noticed the situation. "Well, that's something new," she commented, moving out of the way for Celosia to shoulder her way through and then Darya. "Nice to meet you all," Darya greeted, looking up at the glowing girl.

Irida waved from where she was floating, then flew over to where her bracelet had dropped and dropped down after it, picking it up and clicking it back onto her wrist. The glowing stopped, and she rubbed the back of her neck. "Hey, I'm Irida."
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:26 am

Milo turned to the three girls who entered the room. He blinked, about to introduce himself, but suddenly realized how similar they looked. He closed his eyes for a few seconds and then opened them again, but they were still there. "What on god's green earth is this?" He said aloud on accident, immediately clasping his hand over his mouth. "Pardon my language," He nodded to the girls. "I'm Milo. You just... surprised me." He ran a hand through his hair, his brain overloading with all of these powers he'd never witnessed before.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:55 am

Celosia rolled her eyes, and Aella elbowed her with a sharp jab. "Don't worry, we get that a lot," Aella replied, and Darya glanced over to her with a raised eyebrow. "We came to tell you about something," Darya added.

Irida started to say something, then stopped. She walked back to the sofa and tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean?"
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:41 pm

Milo turned around, letting his legs hang over the arm of the sofa. "What happened?" He asked, all of the worst possible scenarios flooding his mind. The Sanctuary had a secret bomb in the basement, and it was ticking down. The President was actually a robot who wants to kill them all. He balled his hands into fists, digging his nails into his palms. It's probably nothing, He thought with a subtle shake of his head. They're here to tell us that they changed the meal schedule. They're here to tell us there's new food options in the cafeteria. It's nothing serious. He told himself, bringing his legs up to his chest and resting his head on his knees.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 pm

"Doctor Shelby Huff wants everyone to meet," Celosia started. "Midnight," Aella added, "In the abandoned basement training room." "She's going to unlock all the doors so we can meet there. Power training," Darya finished.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 am

Hisato's face went from surprise as the three identical looking women entered the room, and to worry as Milo had the usual panicking face on him. He gave him a worried look before looking up at Celosia, Aella and Darya. "Power training? Why?" He questioned, skeptical about this entire situation that was just thrown at them. Although, his hand itched to use his electricity, and he could feel it running through his body.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:58 pm

"Something about a monster coming to destroy us all," Celosia replied. Darya elbowed her and glared. "Well, she's not wrong," Aella pointed out, then turned back to them. "The other Sanctuaries created a monster. Apparently, we need to fight it." Celosia leaned forwards and crossed her arms. "Between us, some of us are just here for the fun," she smirked, winking.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Milo bit his lip and pressed his back against the sofa, trying so hard to disappear and see this as just as a dream. He didn't even know what to say. How could his powers possibly help against a creature that might even have its own? His elasticity surely wouldn't help, and the only useful fighting component of his aerokinesis is being able to choke his opponent of oxygen for a few seconds. He would definitely be the first to die in this battle.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:00 am

Hisato started bouncing his knee nervously. Taking in all this information wasn't easy especially when his mind kept going through the fact he would be fighting with his powers. He noticed a movement in the corner of his eye and patted Milo on the shoulder, reassuring him before turning back to the identical sisters. "I'll go, it sounds pretty fun," He glanced back towards Irida and Milo, "I mean think about it, we haven't gotten the chance to meet everyone yet!"
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:34 am

Irida nodded slowly. "Yeah, I... yeah, I'll go," she replied, looking at Hisato and smiling shyly, then at Milo. 

Celosia rolled her eyes but shrugged. "Whatever your reason is, just come," she replied, Aella elbowing her this time. 
"Sorry about her. But, you guys seem good. Remember, if you want to come. Midnight. Abandoned training room," Aella replied, side-eyeing Celosia.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:25 am

Hisato returned Irida's smile, glad that she would be coming along as well. He tilted his head to Milo, "I'm sure he'll come too, just needs a moment to think about it." Hisato waved off Aella's apology, his controller in his other hand. "It's fine, thanks for inviting us! It kind of seems like one of those highschool parties now that I think of it, but with way more action... and fighting," He commented, recalling a few vague memories of his school life before being brought to the sanctuary.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 am

The corner of her mouth tilting up, Aella laughed quietly. Moving over to one of the sofas, she sat down, sighing and rolling her shoulders and leaning her head back. "Well, with the number of people, here, there'll be a lot of us there. If they decide to show up, that is," she replied, Celosia giving her an exasperated look as she sat down. 
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down