aegritudo
Welcome to Aegritudo! If you're looking to join, I encourage you to read all the rules and information first. If you're a returning member, click the according buttons above :)
Daisy, your head admin

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

aegritudo
Welcome to Aegritudo! If you're looking to join, I encourage you to read all the rules and information first. If you're a returning member, click the according buttons above :)
Daisy, your head admin
aegritudo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Allegiances
the plot.
the patients of each sanctuary have slowly gotten back on their feet since the fearful beginning of their new lives. but not is all as it seems in their world. check out this post for all the deets.

sanctuary 001
president thomas wright (daisy)
carys maximoff (quake)
daisy augustus (daisy)
azrail walters (sky)
levana magnus (snoo)
cole lawson (jack)
brennan firn (metzi)
destiny mirae (honor)

sanctuary 038
president cheyenne dane (quake)
adrian petsch (daisy)
mylarna bennett (quake)
pang ji-yoon (sky)
zoe leona (quake)
malik el-haj (jack)
anthony roberson (sky)

sanctuary 097
president meredith gould (sky)
camellia fabry (daisy)
maralah elysia stark-sayer (quake)
farryn leona (snoo)
yelena targaryen (quake)
iolana kahike (sky)
nio penkins (metzi)
kawaguchi akamara (jack)

Forum Affiliates

Underground Lies

If you would like to become an affiliate, private message one of our head admins or post in our guest-friendly board with a request.

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Library

3 posters

Go down

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Library Empty We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Library

Post by Daisy Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Sanctuary 001 Library is where patients and workers can go to read fiction or nonfiction, including the history of the Sanctuaries and how the fertilizing process goes. There is a collection of tables in a secluded corner of the library with bins of pencils, markers, crayons, and other art supplies for the patients to use. It is one of the largest rooms constructed in the Sanctuary and has a dome-like shape. It has many windows to watch the simulated outside world, including beautiful stained glass. The library was built before the powers were released to the patients, which is why there are a lot of breakable objects. The library is where the tours usually take place, workers leading college students interested in the political or scientific field and teaching them about the Sanctuary. Patients are not allowed in the library during tours, but at any other time it is open and they usually aren't given a restriction to their powers.
Daisy
Daisy
Site Creator
Site Creator

https://thelightningpath.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Library Empty Re: We're Sick - Sanctuary 001 Library

Post by Quake Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:30 pm

After eating, Lorelise walked into the library. Playing with her necklace, she walked into a corner between two shelves. She took out a fiction book, one she'd been reading for the past few days, and took it to an armchair where she sat down. Taking off her shoes, she put her legs up and brushed her hair over her ears to make sure it wouldn't get into the way. Opening the book to where she'd placed her bookmark, she put the bookmark to the small table next to her and continued from where she finished last time.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Margot hummed to herself as she skipped along the corridors of the library. The librarian had instructed her to be quiet, but she couldn't help it. Something about the place seemed so whimsical to her, with millions of stories she could imagine. She came to a stop as she noticed Lorelise sit down with a book. Inching over, she put on her brightest smile before introducing herself, "Hi! I'm Margot. What are you reading? I like your red hair too!" Margot had no sense that she might be interrupting the person, and only twirled her hair optimistically.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 pm

Lorelise jumped slightly when she heard the other girl, and placed her book down on her lap. "Hi, I'm Lorelise," she smiled, glancing over the teenager quickly. "I'm reading The Mortal Engines, and thank you," she replied, hiding her slight annoyance behind a smile. "I like your hair too," she added after, relaxing to the younger girl.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:19 am

Margot beamed as the red-haired older patient complimented her in return. She averted her eyes towards the book once more, but then back to Lorelise as she lost interest in the book quickly. She fidgeted with her hands, excited to learn what other people's powers were. "So what can you do? I know everyone here has some sort of cool superpowers. Isn't that awesome? We're like comic book people now!" She rambled on, sitting down on one of the chairs as she tapped her feet on the ground energetically.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 am

Lorelise sighed inwardly - there was no chance she would be getting to finish this book soon. "Water. I can manipulate water, as well as survive deep underwater," she commented, fiddling with her necklace and watching the water in it sway with her movements. "What about you?" she asked, adjusting herself so she was more comfortable in her seat.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:35 pm

Margot let out a small gasp, slapping her hands down on her thighs as she looked Lorelise in the eye dead serious. "So you're an actual mermaid?" She commented, getting even more excited than before, which didn't seem possible as her brain flooded with imaginations. She quickly snapped out of it as a question was asked towards her. "I've got light manipulation, which is super cool! And I can make force fields," Margot explained energetically, "My third is I can feel and change people's emotions by touching them. Want me to try on you?" 
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:41 pm

Lorelise leaned back slightly, raising an eyebrow. "I guess I'm kind of a mermaid, just without the tail," she laughed, shaking her head slightly. "You know what, sure, go ahead," she added, in response to the last question.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:46 pm

Margot smiled thankfully for Lorelise allowing her to use such a personal disrupting power on her. She walked over and placed her two pointer fingers on Lorelise's temples, while her thumbs hovered over her forehead. Her eyes began to glow golden as a matching color glowed around her fingers. She cocked her head, "Annoyed?" She questioned, "That's not a good emotion to have. Let me help you with that!" Without asking for permission like her psychiatrist had instructed her to in the past, she focused harder on her power to change Lorelise's emotion to joy.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:14 pm

Lorelise's eyes widened slightly, but then she relaxed. "Thanks?" she replied, leaning back again. "Maybe ask, first? Thanks anyway, I do feel better," she added, rubbing her face. Smiling out of one half of her mouth, she bit her tongue slightly in thought. "You've shown me yours. Just right I should show you mine, right?" she grinned, quickly looking around for any potential water sources.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:48 am

Margot stepped back and smacked her forehead, giving Lorelise an apologetic look. "Oops, sorry! I'm always so excited I forget about asking," She explained with a small giggle at her own mistakes. Once Lorelise suggested showing hers as well, it got Margot even more worked up. "Right!" She answered, peering over to where Lorelise was looking, "Whatcha' looking for?"
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:56 am

"A water source," Lorelise replied, gaze flicking back to Margot. "I can't create water from nothing, I need something to manipulate."
---
Ray wandered into the library, noticing the two girls and deciding to head over. She waved to the pair, running her fingers along a bookshelf as she walked over. 
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:19 am

Margot pointed to a water fountain. "How about that?" She suggested, before noticing Ray waving in their direction. She gasped, as she immediately ran over to her leaving Lorelise behind confused. "I know you!" She exclaimed, "You're my dream friend!"
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:26 am

Ray's eyes widened slightly. "You're the.. yes!" she replied, eyes bright. "I haven't seen you around here yet!" she added, her mouth breaking into a large grin. "It's nice to meet you in the real world!"

Lorelise laughed quietly in relief, her eyes wide as Margot ran off. She had no idea what they were talking about, but better another teenager than her. 
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 am

Margot gave Ray a quick hug, happy to have a friend who seemed to understand her more than anyone else in the sanctuary. "I know right?" She agreed, her hands beginning to glow with light from excitement, "I thought you were only one of my invisible people in my head at one point, but I'm so happy you're actually here!"
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Ray hugged back, her own hands shadowed by a thin fog of darkness appearing around them. "I thought my brain just made up someone weird so I wouldn't be lonely," she confessed in return, her eyes shining. "Funny that we meet here, though."
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

Margot nodded, looking around the library. "Right, this place is more of a old-people study room," She said with a giggle, completely forgetting how in awe she was of all the stories contained in the polished shelves. After a moment of silence, she perked up, her eyes brightening. "Hey! Why don't we go to Dayroom? They have cool things in there.

note - we can have them bump into the people already there to speed stuff up dsjkdjsdk
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Nodding excitedly, Ray clapped. "Why not!" she laughed, the shadows weaving through her fingers and then through her hair. "I wonder if there'll be any new people there," she then gasped, her eyes lighting up.
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:07 am

Margot hooked her arm around Ray's, tugging her along towards the exit of the library. She let out a small surprised gasp, noticing her hands were lit up the entire time out of excitement and blew on them embarrassingly. The light slowly faded away and she laughed. "Sorry, sometimes I can't control myself!" She exclaimed, peering at Ray's hands and noticing shadows weaving through her fingers.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Quake Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Ray glanced down to her own hands, noticing the shadows weaving through her fingers and grinned, looking up. "So we're opposites?" she asked, excited, flicking her right hand to let the shadows fly off, then the left. "But, me neither, really."
Quake
Quake
Tech Support
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:48 am

Margot nodded. "It makes sense, it's like we were destined to be friends!" She replied merrily, skipping on out the doorway to get to the dayroom.
Sky
Sky
Event Manager
Event Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down